Monday, May 17, 2010

I am “OFF”

We had a very good weekend and enjoyed the bonding times with the families.

On Saturday evening, we had dinner at New York New York in Sembawang shopping centre with the extended families. We were all so amazed with the revamp of the whole building. Everyone was asking “what happened to the “lok-lok” place since we were there donkey years back…hehe.

After dinner, we explored the building and discovered there were many specialties shops in the building – there was even a Daiso in the mall…not bad.

I know we will go back again – to explore the children play area as I had seen via some mommies’ blogs.

On Sunday, Anders had his swimming lesson and Anthea went along for her swim too. The instructor brought him to the deep pool and advises him to use goggles. This was his 1st time swimming with a goggle and after using it, he told me: “mommy, it’s very good leh, I can see Uncle Julian’s legs in the pool. I want to use goggles for my next lesson.”…haha. Finally, I had been encouraging him to wear goggles whenever we go for water play but he refused because he doesn’t like the feeling. Now, he has grown to like it and I am really happy for him.

In the evening, we had dinner at my parent’s home. As usual, it was a good spread of western dishes. Roast of lamp was the main course and we ate to our heart fullest contentment.

Starting tomorrow I will be officially “OFF” for my business trip and my role as a Mother for the few days. So Adrian decided last night that he and the children will start their morning routine as of today.

At 6 am, he woke both of them up and had them to drink their milk. Anthea had her normal bread & butter breakfast, Anders decided that he will have breakfast at the childcare.

Then they changed into their school uniforms and left home at 6.45am. Adrian will fetch Anthea to school 1st and then dropped Anders off at the childcare centre at exactly 7am. We had been joking with Anders that he will be the 1st to arrive in school for this week.

I take it as a “warm-up” exercise for Anders as comes 2011, he will be going to Primary 1 and he will be in morning session for the following 6 years. I am really glad that both Anthea and Anders had no problem in waking up early in the morning…phew.

Now I am all packed, checked in my airline seat, bought my travel insurance and booked my transport for tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I am going to miss all my 宝贝from tomorrow onwards. Last night at bed, Anthea even told me: “mommy, if anyone bullies you, you called home and tell us.” This really melts my heart…hehe.

Meanwhile, I will make the best out of this trip and hope to prove my value to the meeting. Likewise to gain as much knowledge as I can during the trip.

3 comments:

Beautiful Love said...

Astee my family was at SSC on Sat!!! Aiya we missed each other.

Hei have a safe n smooth trip ya. Update us soon.

cre8tone said...

Enjoy your trip ya!~

Blessed mum said...

Have a safe journey! Not easy being away from the kids..bet u gonna miss them after 1 day. :P