Sunday, April 25, 2010

My 1st Round Table Meeting

In my new job capacity as a Client Service Executive, I have the opportunity organize Round Table meetings and also Mini Round Table meeting.

For the round table meetings, it would be held at a local hotel meeting room. As for mini round table meetings, it’s done via a digital meeting room, so all I need to do is to co-ordinate online.

So far I had done a few mini round table meetings and all had gone on smoothly. This week was my 1st time organizing a Round Table meeting and it was a very good experienced.

It was a 2 days meeting event and it took place on a Wednesday & Thursday. Originally my HQ in United Kingdom was supposed to courier the event documents to the hotel. Also my Service Delivery Director was supposed to travel to Singapore to host the event. However, due to the volcano eruption, all these did not happen.

So immediately I went into action to get the documents printed out via a local printer. Also as my Director could not travel to Singapore, I had to manage the meeting alone, with my facilitator and his assistant.

On Wednesday morning around 8am, I arrived at the hotel to do the setup and also meet up with the meeting facilitator and the assistant.

Around 8.30am, the delegates started to arrive and I manage to meet & greet all of them. It was a very good way to build the rapport with them as usually we would only communicate via emails or telephones.

The meeting started on schedule and all went very smoothly throughout the day. In the evening, I organized a dinner get-together with a few of them who indicated their availability to join for the dinner. It was a simple & enjoyable dinner with the group.

The 2nd day of the meeting also went on very smoothly and at the end of the day, everyone was feeling very happy and the mood was very cordial.

I had a good 2 days with the meeting events and i now look forward to my next event.. : )

Anthea was down with tonsillitis on Wednesday and was given 2 days of MC. Thanks to my mom, as usual, who came in to look after her while I went to work. If not, I would not have been able to manage it so well.

2 comments:

cre8tone said...

:) interesting

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.