Wednesday, April 07, 2010

我爱嗒嗒球!

A few months back while playing badminton down stair, a China lady approached us and introduced us to a new sport – 嗒嗒球。That was my 1st time playing the new sport and I enjoyed it very much.

Last Friday after sending Anders to childcare I went to the park, planning to do my run. As I walked toward the park, I saw a group of people playing the sport and I recognized the china lady whom had introduced the game to me. I went to her & said hello and she invited me to join in the game.

I was delighted to join in the game and had so much fun for the 1 hour play. Also I got to know a few more new friends at the game. The china lady is actually here in Singapore to stay with her daughter and to take care of her grandson. She has been playing this sport for competition in China and she started introducing the sport to her new friends in Singapore.

Through a new lady friend, I found out that there is a group of people who come together in the morning to do exercise lead by an elderly lady. She was taught the set of exercises by a Hong Kong master and the best thing – the exercise is for FREE, anyone can just join in. So last Saturday, I went for my 1st group exercise and I found it very useful. This week, I have been following the group for the morning exercise and then played 嗒嗒球with the group after the exercise.

嗒嗒球 is a very interesting sport – it’s a combination of badminton & table tennis. What I like most about this sport is you can play anywhere as long as there is an open space. There is no need to book a court or find a table, as long as there is an open space, you can play the game.

Now I am slowly learning the right technique to play the sport and hopefully one day I can play as well as the China 大姐。

Now my next target is to buy my own set of bat / shuttles for the game. As this is a new sport, so the equipment is not available in Singapore. They can only be bought in China. So now I have to wait for families/friends that are travelling to china to help me to get my own set….hehe….: )

1 comment:

LZmommy said...

Thanks for sharing :) I don't know there is such a game :p