Monday, March 08, 2010

My Special DAY!

On Saturday morning when I switched on my mobile, I received chains of birthday greetings from friends & family. Yes, it was my 39th year old birthday and I told myself – it’s my day & I would take the opportunity to enjoy the day.

In the morning, I treated myself to a massage session at the Asmara Spa. The 2 hours session was very therapeutic and after the massage, I was treated to a complimentary piece of cheese cake by the spa as they knew it was my actual day.

This was the best cheesecake I had – simply because I was enjoying it in a very surreal environment with totally no disturbance. It was just ME in my own world of enjoyment. : )

Then in the evening, dinner was at Café 2000 in M Hotel with the extended families. It was a semi buffet and the spread was sumptuous too.

I had a very enjoyable dinner, sitting & chatting with the families. The café also had a piece of complimentary cake for birthday person, so I was treated to another piece of birthday cake.

Of course, we had our own birthday cake for the families. Since it would be my last chance to see 3 BIG Candles on my birthday cake, I told them to light up all the candles. Yes, the next one onward will have 4 BIG Candles..hehe.

The children were delighted to see so many candles and everyone was waiting for the chance blow the candles. Immediately after the song, all of them blew the candles off.

We had some cakes with the coffee/tea served. Then we finally left the cafe around 10pm.

On Sunday, we were treated to a nice family dim sum lunch with my parents & brother. We had Peking Duck, Steam Soon Hock, Special doufu & fried noodles with a few dim sum dishes at 大东酒楼。This is a long timed& very established restaurant and their food are really good too.

After lunch we walked around Chinatown area and wanted to try the traditional desserts but the place was too crowded to we try other place instead.

Then after dessert, we went to shop around the market place and I managed to buy pyjamas for the children.

Overall this had been a very memorable weekends for me. I hope that I will have a blessed year ahead and most importantly – age gracefully…: ).

11 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Happy birthday Astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

happy b-day, astee. nothing's better like a private day-out with the family :)

Sim Chow Boon said...

3 cakes for 39th birthday . . . .

Aces Family said...

Hi Ling,

Thanks for yr wishes.

Hi BS,

Yes, celebrating with families just make your heart warmth.

Hi Maple,

To be exact - 2 slices of cakes & a whole cake on my 39th birthday..haha.

cheers,
astee

Beautiful Love said...

Happy Belated Birthday Astee!

Wishing your '4' chapter will be of excellence health and wealth :p

Idy said...

Happy belated birthday, my friend!

Blessed mum said...

so sorry I'm late..

Happy belated birthday to you and may you stay pretty and healthy! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Astee! :)

Joyce Long said...

Happy belated to u, wish all yr dreams come true ...