Sunday, March 28, 2010

温馨的感觉

Yes, this has all the while been my feeling when I 回娘家。。。哈哈!Not that my own home is not warmth enough but it’s just that whenever I stepped home to my parents place – the 1st thing that greet me is always the aroma of my dad’s home cook meals.

My dad used to work as a chef before he retired so he can really wok up a storm for the family, especially when he knows we are coming back for dinner.

Last evening, we had dinner at my parent’s place and there were simple home cooked dishes – 药材鸡汤,牛肉炒芹菜,酸甜虾和 烤鸡腿。

I had a very enjoyable meal as at the same time, I had the chance to talk to my 2 elder brothers and catch up with their latest happening. My 2nd brother even brought Anthea & Anders downstairs for an ice-cream treat while I had my dinner in peace.

After dinner, we rested our stomach before eating our dessert – 顿燕窝。And my dad also baked some chicken pies and we had one tray to bring home with us. Yes, my dad always pampered us in his own way.

This coming week, my dad will be going on his one month stint in China and I know we are going to miss his home cook meals for the time while he is holidaying.

Last night while at my parents place, I also brought back some of my old photographs/stuff from my brother wardrobe. Saw a lot of photographs that brought back lots of fond memories. Best thing was – I found my 1st airline amenities pack, this was from Northwest Airline – the 1st company I worked for….hehe.

My 1st flight experienced was with Northwest Airlines too…so can imagined how “lucky” I was to be on an aero plane during those days. My children now had the luxury to fly at such young age.

March has passed by so quickly with so many birthday celebrations and a full month celebration. I am now looking forward to another month of celebrations with the Easter Holiday ahead.

Happy Easter to ALL! !

3 comments:

levinetay said...

yah! i had my 1st flight experience when i was 18yo and i had to save up for it! ;) the kiddies are so much fortunate too!

Angeline said...

Ya man, your kids are really fortunate.
Treasure it kiddos and don't take for granted. *wink*

Happy Easter to you and your family too!

Unknown said...

Wow, your dad can really cook! Those are not simple dishes lor to me... :)