Sunday, January 17, 2010

Teambuilding @ Focus Adventure


This has been a very fast & exciting week for me. The office that I am currently doing temp job had their teambuilding event on the Thursday, 14 January 2010. The event was a kickoff event for the company year and staff from different offices in Asia Pacific joined in the event.

Although I am just a Part time staff there, I was really honored that they had included me in the event.

In the morning after sending the children to school and childcare, I made my way to the venue. The venue was Focus Adventure @ Sembawang. So it was quite easy for me to get to the location.

When I reached that around 8.15am, there was breakfast served while waiting for the rest of the people to arrive. The event officially started at 8.45am.

There were energy check games – these were to warm up our engine for the day. Then we were grouped into different group for a few games that tested our team’s focus, strategy thinking, cooperation and compliance. The games were all very fun but yet created such scenarios that were closed to work environment.

Around 1pm, after the 2 rounds of team games, we had our lunch & rested before we proceeded to outdoor for the High Element program.

Yes, as the name suggested, it was really high. The obstacle was about 12 meters above group. Each team did a different obstacle route and my team did the log walk.

I had never tried such obstacle walk in my life before and I told myself – I can do it. As one of my colleague said – fear is only in your mind.

With the team support, I made it and I know from this obstacle walk – there is nothing that can stop us in what we do except our own self.

The event finally ended at 6pm and we proceeded to the Sembawang SAF Yatch Club for the company gala dinner. The day ended around 9pm. Although it has been a long day but it had been a very fun filling day for me and I know I will remember this for a long time.

5 comments:

Angeline said...

OMG!!!!
So so fun!!!

Blessed mum said...

wow! it sure was fun!! this company is really good :)

Beautiful Love said...

Astee, you r brave! Wow its not easy to conquer fear but YOU DID IT!

LZmommy said...

So fun! I attended the outward bound course once (similar to this) and I love it! :)

jean said...

How true it is- fear is only in your mind but it is really scary... i did this when I was in my teens during an outward bound course. Come to think of it.. it's fun but now if you ask me to do it again, i would think twice and maybe many times more.. hahaha....