Thursday, January 28, 2010

A New Role - WFHM

Yes, for the last few years, I had been job hopping. It’s not a good thing foe my resume but it’s something I needed to do for the good of the family, I believed.

Since Anthea started Primary One education, I had been her main after school caregiver. As she is in single morning session school, I would look for any Permanent Part Time morning hour jobs. So far, I had been lucky and found the jobs that met my needs.

Coming 1 February 2010, I will be starting a new role in my life chapter. I am going to be a PT WFHM (work-from-home-mom).

This week I am serving my 1 week notice for my current temp job. The company has treated me really well and I am experiencing mixed feeling in leaving the job.

Many friends had asked me how I managed to get such a job that allows me to work from home. : ) I replied them – “my lucky star shone on me. “

It started about 2 months - on 10 November 2009 when I was doing online job hunting and read about this position on Monster.com - Part time Client Services Executive. The thing that really caught my attention for the job is – it’s a home based job.

I wrote in for the position and after that forgot about it. On 20 November 2009, I received an oversea call on my mobile and the caller identified herself and requested for an interview time/date for the following week.

Then after a few rounds of interviews (via telephone & face to face). I was finally shortlisted for the position.

I had negotiated for my benefits and terms and glad to say, the company was agreeable to most of my terms.

Last week, my reporting manager was in town for a Round Table session and some client meetings. I took the few days off and did job training with her. It was a very fruitful session and she was a very good mentor for the job.

I had a clearer insight to my new job scope and starting next Monday, I will be officially granted the “WFHM” status.

I know I will miss out the “colleagues” part as most of the time I will be working on my own and liaising with my UK office. But like what a blogging friend told me: “you win some, you lose some.”

But having some many ex-colleagues and friends surrounding me, I know I will not be that lonely …hehe : P

7 comments:

Beautiful Love said...

Astee, you are really really lucky!

Hope this new job of yours brings you more job satisfaction, more family bonding and of coz, more wealth :p

Huat Ya!

Idy said...

I am sure you will enjoy this just as much! All the best!

Aces Family said...

Hi Beautiful,

Yeah, i am thanking my lucky star & guiding angel...: )

Hi Idy,

Yes, i hope the same too & all the best to your new role too : )

LZmommy said...

All the best to your new job Astee :)

Joyce Long said...

Congrats....you are really lucky cux it is a rare opportunity....lots of luck in yr career.

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy & Joyce,

Thanks for your well wishes.

cheers,
astee

Blogger said...

Find out how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE