Friday, December 18, 2009

40th JWOC Promotion Ceremony & Dining In

17th December 2009 marked an important day in Adrian & our life. Yes, it the day that he officially graduated from his Warrant Officer course and promoted to his new rank.

For the last 10 weeks, he had gone through a lot of hardship and learning new skills and roles to his new appointment. I know he had set himself a very high target, even though he did not achieved what he hoped to, I told him he already did his best & we are all proud of his achievement.

The graduation ceremony was held at The Chevron. Adrian told me that we would need to leave the house by 2.30 – 3pm for the event.

So I arranged for my makeup artist – Lynnette to come over at 1pm to do the makeup session. Around 2.10pm we were done and I changed to my dinner gown.

We left our home around 3pm and arrived at the event venue at 3.30pm. Many of his course mates were already there and they were getting dressed up in the hall for the ceremony. I can feel their excitement as they dressed up and joked with one another.

Most of the spouses were also there and they were all beautifully dressed for the occasion too.

There were a few photos taking sessions happening and we went from Hibiscus room on 1st level to the Ballroom on the 3rd level for the photo shoot.

Then after that we went to the 2nd floor for light refreshment before the actual ceremony commenced.

The programme started at 5.30pm. Adrian had invited his CO – Major John to grace the event and he was to ursher Maj. John from the car park to the 1st floor room. I went with him to welcome his guest. There was a reception for all at the room while waiting for the Guest-of-Honour.

Then at 6.00pm, the GOH RADM Chew Men Leong, Chief of Navy arrived. After the reception, we went to the 3rd floor ballroom for the promotion ceremony.

The presentation of the ceremony was as followed:

• Entry of 40th JWOC Graduates
• Arrival of GOH at the ballroom
• Presentation of the Promotion Certificates
• Presentation of Book Prize Awards
• Address by GOH
• Valedictory speech by 40th JWOC course leader
• Donning of Warrant Officer Rank Insignia
• Singing of the “Warrant Officer Song”
• Reciting of the “Warrant Officer Creed”
• Presentation of Token of Appreciation

Yes, there were so many sequences to the ceremony and each sequence was a significance moment to both the graduates and their spouses/partner.


It was a very PROUD MOMENT in my life when I had the honor to don his new rank for him. In our 10 years of marriage, I had seen Adrian work hard in his job and I know he deserved this promotion.

When I heard the WO song, I was all smiled because Adrian had been playing the song at home and both Anthea & Anders had practiced singing the song too.

The office creed was another emotional moment for them and I know they would uphold the creed as long as they are in the force.

Token of appreciation was presented to spouses/partners & loved ones for their understanding, support and encouragement. Throughout the evening, I received words of Thanks from his CO and other officers for giving him all the support. Like what the GOH mentioned in his speech – we are the pillar of strength for all the graduates and I know I will always be there for him.

At 7pm, the ceremony ended and we went back to the 1st level Hibiscus room for the concoction ceremony and photo taking with the GOH.

Then at 7.40pm, we proceeded back to the Ballroom for our dining-in. It was a 5 course set dinner. Adrian ordered the chicken with red wine menu for me. Dinner was enjoyable and we had a great time chatting with his officers and friends.

After dessert was served, there was a loyal toast for the President of Singapore. Then the dinner came to an end when the GOH took his leave.

It was my 1st time attending a Military Dining In function and I would say the experienced was great and an eye opener for me. With so many Officers dinning in the same room, I would say – I really felt so honored.

THEY will defend Singapore with THEIR LIFE – as promised in their creed.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Congrats!!!!

Ricket said...

Well done Adrain... going from glory to glory. God Bless.

blurblur said...

Congrats to Adrain!! :)

Meekfreek said...

Congratulations Adrian. What a wonderful achievement. You both looked so glamorous that night :)

Angeline said...

Congrats Adrian!!

and

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!

Aces Family said...

Dear Friends,

Thanks for all the congrats! Hope for more good years ahead too!!

cheers,
astee

Beautiful Love said...

Congratulations! Year 2009 is indeed an achievement year for your family! Cheers

LZmommy said...

Congrats Adrian! :)