Sunday, March 04, 2007

元 肖

Read this from a Chinese website :

"Yuanxiao Festival or the Lantern Festival is a traditional Chinese holiday on the 15th day of the 1st lunar month, fourteen days after Chinese New Year's Day (around the end of January and the beginning of February).The most popular food for this festival is yuanxiao, a kind of sweet dumpling made of glutinous rice or wheat flour. "

In celebration of this special day, i decided to fry some 年糕 for the family. This is my yearly contribution to the family. Hoping that all of us will 步步高升, in respect of quality of life and career.

As today is the official last day of collection of Ang Pows, i have summed up both Anthea and Anders's ang pows's and will banked them into their Bank Account. This will be part of their education fund.


Hmm..talking about ang pows - would like to pen in this small incident in my office. On Friday. our GM was very kind to give the department staff one ang pow each, totalled 5 of us. Before getting my ang pow, my colleague kept telling me that "Boss had given a VERY BIG Ang Pow." When i got my share, my colleague ORDERED me that i should keep only $20, the rest shall be given back to Boss as ang pows for his 2 daughters. Well, i am not against the idea of giving ang pows to his daughter as chinese we always return ang pows. The thing i am troubled is my colleague being so AUTHORATATIVE and controlling our ang pows $$. This is what i am upset about. Well, i would think the returns should be according to my own liking and not CONTROLLED. Anyway, just my thoughts.
May all of us have a Happy YUAN XIAO jie !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow! your colleague is indeed very authoritative.. hm.. but such person do exist in this world. So did you listen to this person?

Aces Family said...

Hi Jean,

Yes, we all followed her ORDER, yeah, comes to think about it, i should have kept my Ang pow and "re-invest" in the children education fund..hee : )

cheers,
astee