Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy CelebrationS!!

This has been a very exciting week for me and also a happy one for the family.

On Monday, I attended a farewell lunch at ex-company. My Ex-manager had completed his 4 years expat terms in Singapore and is going back to USA. I had worked for him for 2 years and he was really a nice boss to work with. Took the opportunity to wish him all the best and may our path cross one day. I was really thankful that my ex-colleagues still regarded me as part of the team and invited me for the occasion.

On Tuesday, my youngest BIL and his wife decided to induce the delivery of their baby girl – Taeia Tan. And Taeie arrived in the early morning of Wednesday. All was well for my SIL and her baby, they were discharged on Thursday.

On Friday, together with Anthea, we went to visit my niece at my BIL’s home. She was very adorable and pretty. Anthea enjoy her time with her new cousin and kept saying she is cute. She even had the chance to sample some of the confinement food and she said it was yummy…haha.

After visiting, we went to the nearby food centre for our lunch; the whole place was newly renovated after the market was burnt down recently.

On Saturday, we had a dinner with my in-laws and 2nd BIL’s family. As Adrian was involved in this year National Day Parade and he was scheduled on duty, thus he could not join us. After dinner, we went to my 3rd BIL’s home to do a birthday cake cutting for my FIL. Also at the same time, we celebrated Father’s day for the 3 fathers whom were there, so it was double celebrations.

On Sunday, we had a late lunch at New York New York@ AMK Hub. As it was Adrian birthday this month, so he had some vouchers and freebies, so we decided to give ourselves a good treat.

In the evening, it was a Father’s day dinner with my parents at a Zi Char stall in AMK Ave 10. Anthea and Anders managed to catch up with their 大舅,阿公和阿婆。They were busied chatting away and asking them different questions.

After a very sumptuous meal, we went home to rest and also caught the World Cup matches LIVE on starhub. Yes, every 4 years, we will watch the LIVE matches and both Adrian and myself will analyze the scores and the situation. Sometimes we may even place small bets on the matches. It’s the thrill of watching LIVE Matches, especially when your dollars are on the underdogs…: )

4 comments:

cre8tone said...

nice celebrations!

Mommy Lose Weight said...

envy you having a big family =)

Blessed mum said...

Its so nice of your ex-company..not many company remember their staff once they left.

And congrats to your BIL on their new arrival!

Oh..and happy Father's day to Adrian!

Aces Family said...

Hi PPM,

Thanks...

Hi ling,

You also have your blessed families members, so no need to envy...: )

Hi BM,

Yeah, have been keeping in touch with a few good colleagues and they updated me on the lunch and invited me along.

Thanks for your congrats & well wishes..: )