Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Happy 8th Years

4th December is the day we took our vows - 8 years ago.

8 Years of marriage is still consider as very "young" couples. But we already felt like "old husband old wife"..haha. Probably as we matured, we looked at anniversary differently. Most important to us is our Mutual Trust & LOVE.

It's a normal day with no dinner celebration or flowers but we know the significance of the day, deep in our hearts.

The other day i was talking to Adrian on my mobile, after i ended the call, my colleague who was with me asked : "were you talking to you hubby ? how come you and him talk like friends?"

I was puzzled by her question because that is how we always conversed, ending our conversation with a "thanks or see you."

Indeed her question had left me to think about relationship / marriage. Didn't a relationship started as friends before we proceeded to become man & wife. After marriage, does it meant the Friendship also ended?

Nope, to me, the Friendships extended further to becoming mutual understandings friends.


Now our friends group extended to include our children. So definitely there is no endings to it.


Then next time he will be my soulmate and listening ears, as we aged together.

Dear, Happy 8th Anniversary !!

Thanks for everything.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Wedding anniversary!! :) and many happy years ahead!!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angelcow,

Thanks for the well wishes.

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Happy 8th Anniversary!

You are sooo right! Friendship doesn't end after marriage. :) Hubby and me still talk like best friends :)

Angie said...

I dont have a friendship to begin with... hahaha~~
Hmmm.. seriously, do you really talk to your hubby like best friends, LZmommy? coz i dont talk to my hubby like how i will talk to my best girlfriend, and my hubby too, doesnt talk to me like how he will talk to his best guy friend.
We talk like husbands and wives.. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, Happy 8th Anniversary !!

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

That's why i said : we are like twins..haha : )

Hi Angelcow,

You can try to talk to your hubby like you best friend,as well. I noticed after marriage, some wife talk to their hubby in a demanding tones... Unlike when they were so 'pak-toing', sweet & gentle.. : P

Hey Jean,

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Cheers.
astee

Joyce Long said...

Hi Astee

Happy belated wedding anniversay..

Angie said...

hahaha!! on the contray, me and my best friend talk in a "want to fight" tone all the time! and my best friend can tell immediately when i am on the phone with my hubby because she said i "sound so gentle and sweet".

hohoho!!!

but i do agree that there is an element of friendship in a marriage. :)