Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Perfect (PreFect) Dream..

I still remembered when Anthea was in Primary 1 – she had an aspiration: “mommy, I want to be a school prefect.”

During a Parent-Teacher-meet, I told her then form teacher of Anthea’s dream. She told me: “it’s possible, she had the required qualifications.”

When school started this year, Anthea told me her name was on the Prefectorial board and she was asked to go for a meeting last Friday. After the meeting, she came home with her official title – the Prefect Tie and her duty roaster.

It was a very proud moment for her and as a mother; I shared her pride and joy. I just hope that she would be able to carry out her duties as assigned.

Anders, upon seeing Anthea being promoted to a Prefect, came and told me: “mommy, I want to be a prefect too.” I explained to Anders that I am not the one who gave her the rights to become prefect. She was chosen by her teachers. Also importantly, I told Anders – a prefect must display certain qualities in term of behavior and characteristic, in order for the teacher to choose them. He would need to ensure that he can build up all these to qualify for the role.

Hopefully, this would train Anders to become more responsible and take good care of his belongings…: P

Anthea has been sharing her next aspiration with me and it’s a HUGE one for sure. I would continue to support her and gave her my blessing and may she achieve her next DREAM.....: )

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Congrats Anthea! I can visualise the pride GLOWING on Mommy's face! *Grin*

Angie said...

Congrats!!!

cre8tone said...

Dreams come true :)