Tuesday, August 31, 2010

LJ to Bollywood Veggie & ISH

It was a very busy week for me last week. I had to attend a 2 days conference at the Marina Bay Sand Expo and Convention centre. It was a good 2 days of education sessions and general sessions. I had the chance to meet a lot of people from the travel industry and was good to see some “old friends”.

Then on Friday, it was Anthea School Learning Journey to Bollywood Veggie. This trip is in conjunction with their English lesson – A Feast.

I joined in the LJ as a PSG. In the morning I went to the school around 9am as the children had their Mother Tongue test before the trip.

As usual I was tasked to go with Anthea class as I am familiar with her classmates. Unlike the other regular PSG whom are familiar with almost every kids.

We set off around 9.30am and reached the farm around 10am. The children were breakout into a few groups and followed different Tour Guides whom brought them to the different plot of land. The guide make introduction of the different kind of plant/trees/fruits to the children. It was a great learning experienced for the children, especially to feel/sense/taste the different plants.

About 20 minutes into the introduction, the sky started to turn dark and lightning started. For safety reason, the organizer had to end the tour and the children went to the bistro area for their snacks.

While eating the snacks, Anthea and her classmates were very lucky to have the Professor telling them the stories of those portraits in the room.

At around 12noon, the rain got lighter and we managed to board the bus for our journey back to the School. At the boarding point, Anthea form teacher had the children to say Thank You to the professor for his interesting guide for the tour.

Although the tour was short due to the rain but I had managed to see quite a variety of interesting plant/fruit. I am sure the children had enjoyed the tour and found it useful too.

A few of my friends played badminton on weekend and thanks to their recommendation, I got to know about Indoor Sport Hall (ISH) booking for badminton court.

Last week I managed to book a hall for the Saturday and we brought Anthea and Anders for their sport. Adrian had the chance to train Anthea in her badminton while I played 嗒嗒球with Anders at the side of the court.

We enjoyed the 1 hour of sport fun and both of them commented that it was very fun to play in the hall. With these approval votes, I managed to book another hall for this Saturday sport fun, let’s hope we will enjoy once again.

1 comment:

cre8tone said...

nice outing!