Friday, February 19, 2010

欢庆虎年

除夕: Sat, 13 Feb 2010
Our reunions started with lunch at my parents place. As usual, food was abundance with dishes like: 鲍鱼 ,烧鸭/烧肉,鸡,虾,蔬菜和汤。 We also bought in a pack of 鱼生 for Lo Hei.

Lunch was very sumptuous and we had an enjoyable time with the food and companionship. Both Anthea & Anders enjoyed the jelly and drinks that my mom had specially prepared for them.

After a good lunch, we went home to rest ourselves before dinner. In the evening we had the chance to get some exercise before round 2 of great feasting.

Reunion dinner was at my Parents in law place and the usual practice was – 火锅 (steamboat). As usual before dinner, we had a round of Lo Hei to start off. Then the dinner started. There was also lots of good food that went down to the steamboat. We had beef, prawns, squids, codfish cakes, vegetables and fishes. Dinner was very relaxed and we ended with a good bottle of Red Wine.

Then we headed home to rest for the night. As it was the eve of Chinese New Year, both Anthea & Anders stayed up with me. This is a tradition that I practice – 守岁。We slept around 1am.

正月初一 : Sunday, 14 Feb

Our 1st stop for 拜年 is always my in laws place. So in the morning after a simple breakfast, we went over to greet my in laws.

After that, we went over to my parents place for lunch and at the same time 拜年。After lunch, Adrian sent them off to the airport as my brother brought my parents to Bangkok for a short vacation.

Then we went home to rest for the afternoon.

In the evening dinner was home cooked meal at my youngest brother in law home. We had a round of Mahjong game after dinner. Quite luckily, I managed to win a little bit of monies...hehe

正月初二:Monday, 15 Feb

In the late morning, we went to Shangrila hotel for a swim as the weather has been very hot for the few days. My youngest SIL had booked a room for my PIL to stay for the night.

In the late afternoon, after our nap, we headed to my 大舅house for 拜年. All the uncles / aunties & cousins were gathered at his house, so it was easier for me to 派红包。

We had a sumptuous dinner at my uncle house and then left to meet up with my extended families for after dinner drinks. As Adrian’s uncles/aunties were there, it was a good chance for them to catch up for Chinese New Year.

Anthea & Anders had a great time and was happy to meet with all the cousins & uncles for the day.

正月初三:Tuesday, 16 Feb

In the morning, I went early to 城隍庙拜太岁 as Anders & my Zodiac is against the Tiger Year.

The rest of the day was simply rest & relax.

This had been another enjoyable Chinese New Year celebration. We had abundance of food, happiness and Joy for the few days.

I hope that in the Tiger year – all will be smooth sailing for the family – 一帆风顺!

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Hey hey hey!
I would say you had a 'breathable' 3-Day New Year!
Time for family, time for fun and time for food!
Nice!

Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family!

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Astee! I had 3 rounds of lo hei the past week but not complaining, because it's my favourite :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Angeline,

Indeed is a breathable CNY celebration with good food & rest.

Hi BS,

Thanks for your greeting. Yeah, Lo Hei is also our family favorite. Btw, can i have your name ...: )

cheers,
astee